Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My lesson for this week is what you should let your children name there pets. Laye has a childhood obsession with Scobby-doo. She will sit there for hours watching reruns of this show. Well my aunt has a cat that recently had kittens. Laye wanted a kitten really bad so she asked her dad ( daddy-j). Of course he told his babygirl yes ( as always) and so she wanted to pick out her very own kitten. All my aunts kittens were gray except for one boy that turned out to be orange ( how unusal is that) ?! I ask Laye, " what do you want to name your kitten?" Laye thinks for a second and replys, " Scobby-doo!!" I said Laye do you not know that scobby-doo is a dog? Laye replied, " yes mommy, but I want scobby-doo." I couldn't say no to her; I mean she loves her Scobby-doo. I mean I realize that she knows Scobby-doo is actually a dog, but that is how much she loves this show. She is willing to have a " cat " named Scobby-doo. Now you can only imagine the laughs we get from guest to our house when they hear of our " cat " named SCOBBY-DOO!!!! So in closing my advise for future parents have a good sense of humor when letting your children name their pets.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to this situation and your blog. Kids can say or do the cutest things. A sense of humor is a great tip for future parents. My son named his dog Spiderman. Unfortunately, I didn't have a sense of humor at that particular time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say right on with Laye! My fish are all named after characters from NCIS, so it's all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stories about your daughter are so precious!! She is so beautiful too! I can't wait to hear more stories. Oh and I had a dog named Nala after the girl lion in The Lion King so I totally get the character name thing!

    ReplyDelete